Thursday, June 30, 2011

Loving Myself

Thought provoking questions found here

Who do you sometimes compare yourself to?

I find that I compare myself to everyone. My friends, my coworkers, girls shopping at the mall, the ex's new girlfriend...etc.

I don't have low self-esteem. I think I am attractive and my personality is great but I always find the "better" qualities in everyone else. When I compare myself to my ex's gf, I think about him meeting her in a bar. Bars = fun I suppose so the girl must be fun. She must have something so great about her that he just up and left me so soon after meeting her.

I have never been to a bar. My friends invite me all the time but I just don't see myself enjoying it. For one, I don't drink. Two, I don't like being around drinking/drunk people. Three, I can't stand smoke. Four, I dislike loud music unless it is an outdoor concert. Five, all my friends are prettier than me so I would totally look like the loser of the group.

I am trendy, I dress nice and "cutesy". I love dressing up and going out...to the bookstore. I'm the cute, nerdy girl I guess you could say. I don't follow sports but I like going to sporting events...just the competitive atmosphere that attracts me I guess. I love being outside. Camping, hiking, bike riding, skate boarding lol, basically I am a guy in a female body with awesome style.

I will always compare myself to others. I think it is just human nature to do so.

Although, I am slowly learning to love me for me and that is all that matters right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment